Apply to Study Abroad
The application process depends on which Study Abroad programme you would like to join. Below are instructions on how to apply for each programme.
Integrated or Semester Study Abroad programmes
For students applying to study abroad with the University of the Arts London, please complete the online application form. Find out more about the Eligibility and Entry Requirements to study abroad with UAL.
Summer Study Abroad programmes
For students applying for Summer Study Abroad programmes, they must apply online by visiting the Summer Study Abroad course page. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
London College of Fashion applicants
For students wishing to study abroad for any Semester or Summer Study Abroad programme with the London College of Fashion, please visit the LCF Study Abroad page for further details regarding entry criteria and portfolio requirements.
Programme deadlines and application guidance
- 31 May deadline extended to 18 June 2018 for September entry
- 31 October for January entry
Eligibility and application criteria
- Completed at least 1 year's study at an overseas higher education institution in a relevant undergraduate subject;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or the equivalent;
- Meet the University of Arts London's English language requirement.
English language requirements:
- Be from a majority English speaking country or;
- Have studied for at least 1 year at a majority English speaking country university or;
- Demonstrate English language proficiency through achieving an IELTS score of 6.0 or above and with no less than 5.5 in each section. Certain courses require higher IELTs scores of 6.5, 7.0 or 7.5.
- Both LCF Study Abroad and Summer Study Abroad have varying IELTs entry requirements.
Application supporting documents:
Before commencing with the application process, students intending to study abroad for any Semester or Integrated programme are advised to read the application guidance below and have all supporting documents available; these must be uploaded with the online application. The following documents are required for all colleges excluding the London College of Fashion:
- 1 passport sized headshot image
- Copy of the picture page in your passport
- Personal statement - must be between 300 and 500 words in length
- 1 academic reference
- Transcript of recent grades
- Portfolio of recent work (students should refer to individual course descriptions when assembling this documentation). Portfolio should be in a PDF format no larger than 10MB. Portfolios can be sent via a file-sharing site or attached to the online application. (Do not send original work)
See the courses available on each programme
Study alongside local degree-seeking students for 1, 2, or 3 terms and fully integrate into UK student life.
14 week semester programmes designed and tailored to incoming study abroad students that offers electives to suit individualised learning needs.
Study for up to 8 weeks on one of our summer programmes with the option to take English language tuition before your course.