UAL is home to a diverse community of students from over 130 countries across the globe. Watch the video above to hear from some of them and find out what it's like to be an international student at UAL.

Our six Colleges offer an unrivalled range of courses in art, design, fashion, media, communication and performing arts. Each College has strong links with industry, enabling many students to work on live projects and gain professional contacts. We can provide the high-quality teaching, modern facilities and creative space for you to explore your ideas, skills and unique vision.

If English is not your first language and you’ve been offered a place on one of our undergraduate or postgraduate-level courses, we offer a Presessional Academic English Programme to help you achieve the required level of English and prepare you for your degree at UAL. Once you start your degree, you’ll be able to get free English language support from our Language Centre. Visit the Language Centre pages for more information about all of our language courses and the support available.

The pages in this section contain guidance specifically for international students, including; events and contacts in your country, visa, immigration and application advice and information about living in London.

  • LCC 2013 work. Jeff Chun Hee Luu.
    Jeff Chun Hee Luu.

    Meet us in your country

    Find out when our academic staff will next be visiting your country and get information on events and interviews.

  • © Alys Tomlinson

    Language requirements

    All students need to show proof of their English language ability to enrol at UAL. Find out more.

  • A person sat down working on a painting and drawings
    Work by Marie Aimee Fattouche – MA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Arts. Photo: Alys Tomlinson

    The EU referendum

    Information for current students and prospective students from the European Union.

  • Paintings by Jasmir Creed
    Paintings by Jasmir Creed

    International fees and money

    Find out about international tuition fees, visas and living costs.

  • Application advice

    If you are an international student from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), there are different ways to apply depending on your level of study.

  • Immigration and visas

    If you are a student from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, and not already living in the UK, you need a visa to study in the UK.